ICT Training Initiatives by Department of Educational Technology (2011-15)
(Total no of participants: 500)
I. Workshops on “Integrating ICTs in Higher Education” for faculty of the SNDT Women’s
University and affiliated Colleges funded by Commonwealth of Learning, Canada:
The department organized a series of Faculty Training workshops on “Integrating ICTs in Higher Education”. Workshops were funded by Commonwealth of Learning, Canada.
Prof. Vasudha Kamat, Dr. Jayashree Shinde, Mr. Dilip Tikle, Dr. M U Paily, Dr. Sreekala Edannur, Ms. Sameena Falleiro, Prof. R.C. Sharma, Mr. Ashwin Baindur, Ms. Anita Chaware, Dr. Ganesh Magar were resource persons at these workshops.
Total 255 participants were trained in 2011-13.
2011-12 (All for University campus faculty)
- Sept 5-9, 2011 (Juhu, Mumbai: 24)
- Sept 14-19, 2011 (Pune: 15)
- Oct 10-14, 2011 (Churchgate, Mumbai: 20)
- Nov 14-19, 2011 (Juhu, Mumbai: 20)
- Nov. 21-25, 2011 ((Juhu, Mumbai: 16)
Total 95 participants
- June 25-30, 2012 (Juhu, Mumbai: 28)
- July 16-20, 2012 (Pune: 26)
- Aug 27-31, 2012 (SNDT College of Arts and SCB College of Commerce And Science for Women,
Mumbai: funded through UGC: 35)
- March 18-22, 2013 (PN Doshi College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Ghatkopar: 40)
- April 15-20, 2013 (Dr BMN College of Home Science, Matunga: 31)
Total 160 participants
II. Workshops under Project “Collaboration for network of Educational Technologists in India” funded by British Council, India:
Workshops conducted under MOU signed between the SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai and British Council Division, British Deputy High Commission on the Project “Knowledge Economy Partnerships 2014” for “Collaboration for network of Educational Technologists in India” under the Internationalizing Higher Education Programme (IHE).
Total 110 faculty from SNDT Women’s University and 60 faculty from other Universities from India were trained.
- A 3-day workshop on “OER Development’ was organized at the Dept of Educational Technology. (July 14-15, 2014). Dr Kyriaki Anagnostopoulou and Ms. Gwen Van Der Velden from Bath University, UK and Dr Jayashree Shinde, SNDTWU were the resource persons.
Total 25 participants from University departments and affiliated colleges participated.
- Series of 3-days workshops on ‘ICT integration in Higher Education’ in other States were also conducted.
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha (Aug 3-5, 2015: 26)
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra (Aug 10-12, 2015: 17)
- Smt MMP Shah College, Matunga, Mumbai (August 17-19, 2015: 27)
- Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram (Sept 14-16, 2015: 24)
- SNDTWU, Pune Campus (May 18-20 2015: 20)
Dr. Jayashree Shinde, Ms. Ekta Shinde, Ms. Aditi Gokarn, Ms. Mrinal Thakur and Ms. Seema Pednekar from DET-SNDTWU and Dr. Ganesh Magar, Ms. Anita Chaware, Dept of Computer Science, Dr. Nitin Wani, Janki Devi Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mr. Dinesh Girap, P V Polytechnic, Mr. Dilip Tikle were resource persons.
- One 3-days workshop on “Research in eLearning” was organized for all University departments and affiliated colleges at Churchgate campus from Sept. 1-3, 2015. Prof Vasudha Kamat, Prof Sugata Mitra, New Castle University, Canada, Prof M M Pant, New Delhi, Dr. Jayashree Shinde and Ms. Sucheta Phadke were resource persons.
Total 37 participants participated.
III. SNDT Women’s University Faculty Development Initiative:
2014-15 Two workshops of One-day each on “Use of Moodle Class in teaching-learning’ were organized. (Dec 22 and 24, 2014). Prof Vasudha Kamat and Dr Jayashree Shinde, SNDTWU were the resource persons. Total 75 participants from University departments and conducted colleges participated.